Development Chemist required, based in West Yorkshire. Requiring a background in Chemistry or Polymer Science with good lab practice gained from industrial laboratory experience.
Title: Development Chemist
Location: West Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with an independent chemical manufacturing company in West Yorkshire who are looking to hire a new Development Chemist to join the technical team. Producing emulsions, additives and fillers for use in a range of polymer products, they have had a huge amount of success in the last 6 years and have recently been named one of the fastest growing companies in the UK.
The role would be well-suited to someone with someone with perhaps 1 or 2 years of industrial laboratory experience and a brilliant opportunity to join a company whose growth is only going to continue over time. Chemistry or Polymer Science graduates with industrial experience will be considered.
Benefits: Dynamic and growing company offering an opportunity get involved in the development and formulation of polymer products. Working hours of 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Offering 22 days holiday allowance, plus 8 bank holidays. Other benefits include workplace pension and an excellent company bonus scheme.
Role / Description
- Assisting in the development of new and existing polymer formulations
- Planning own experiments and project work
- Scale up of own formulations
- Supervising productions batches
- Evaluating new raw materials from suppliers and testing them in existing formulations
- Working closely with sales and production teams to update and be updated with formulation changes
- Producing weekly reports on projects and raw materials testing
- Ordering laboratory consumables
- Quality control and testing production batches
- Any other ad hoc laboratory work as required
- Working to strict health and safety processes
- Degree preferred in Chemistry, Polymer Science or similar
- Laboratory experience gained in industry. Formulation skills considered beneficial.
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Good attention to detail and able to manage own projects
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to [email protected] For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Emma on 0161 868 2222
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK’s number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It’s this combination that makes us different. We’re committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords : laboratory, chemistry, polymer science, industrial, polymer, development, R&D, formulation, graduate, additive, dispersion, emulsion, lab experience, COSHH